Labels

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Advent

We're halfway through Advent and I realize that I'm blowing it again. Advent should be a time of prayer and preparation for the celebration of Christmas. I had great plans at the start of Advent: Daily Prayer, Writing Christmas Cards, Putting up the lights, and cleaning the house. I prayed two days, wrote no cards, hung no lights, and moved some boxes out. Not a very good record against my plans.

So what have I been doing? I got caught up in the commercialization of this time of year. I've been buying presents ... for me. Today is the third Sunday of Advent and the Priest is wearing rose vestments to remind us to be joyful today before we launch in to the home stretch of preparing for the start of Christmas. I'm not looking at today very joyfully. I'm thinking that I need to get started (or finished) preparing or I won't really be ready to start celebrating for real Christmas Eve.

God Bless everyone and have a Blessed Advent!

No comments: