Labels

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Queen of Life Catholic Church

What a Blessed lunch I had today! I needed to get some labels at Office Depot and Office Depot is on the way to Taco Bell. So I threw a leg over the scoot and headed out. Riding down Jamboree I noticed a road named Dupont and I remembered David talking about a Chapel nearby and I wondered if I could find it. Clearly the Holy Spirit was calling me.
I found the Chapel, Queen of Life Catholic Church, and decided that I needed to spend some time in prayer (Forgive me Lord, I am a sinner.) so I stopped and went in. Oops, I walked in to Mass during the Consecration. Well, the door is open and some people have already seen me so I might as well head on in and pray. (Forgive me Lord, for I am a miserable sinner. And by that, I mean that I'm really good at sinning, in fact, too good for my own good.)
What a cool Church. Daily Mass starts at 11:50 AM so I'll get there early tomorrow.
After Mass I met Fr. Charbel, Rock, and Danny in the parking lot. After a brief conversation where I heard about St. Charbel among other things I excused myself as I still had to get to Office Depot and Taco Bell. I started the bike, pulled on the helmet, and put on the gloves. Just as I was doing that Fr. Charbel came over with a bottle of Holy Water in his hand and asked me if my bike had ever been Blessed. I replied no but that I would welcome a Blessing. As he started praying over me and my bike I killed the motor, folded my hands, and bowed my head. After a brief Blessing the bike and where sprinkled with Holy Water and with a pat on my shoulder Fr. Charbel left. I fired it back up and went on my way - somehow feeling safer as if God himself were driving.
Lunch was uneventful after that and Taco Bell is still the cheapest lunch eats around if you don't mind the potential side effects - a larger waist and flatulence.
I've put Daily Mass on my calendar for 11:50 AM every weekday. Feel free to join me if you like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join you
Are you still here in the East

Daniel

603 396 4364