Labels

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How to make pumpkin pie!

"Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got homemade pumpkin pie in my tummy."


How I did it: I got 4 smallish pumpkins (6 to 8 inches in diameter).  I removed the stem, cut them in half, removed the pumpkin guts, and put them innards down on a cookie sheet.  I had covered the cookie sheet with aluminum foil to keep them from staining the sheets and I let the pumpkin skin take the heat.  I baked them at 350 degress like baked potatoes for almost an hour.  I pulled them out when they were soft and peeled the skin off.  I got about 8 cups of mashed pumpkin.  From there I followed the recipe in a cook book using store bought pie crusts.


Lessons & tips: Bake the pumpkin - don't boil it.  Boiling makes the pumpkin too wet.


Resources: Aluminum foil and a cook book.


It took me 3 days.


It made me happy.

No comments: