Labels

Monday, November 10, 2008

Learn to cook - Now!

I just read an interesting article from Britian on Reuters titled, "We can't cook for a downturn, chef says".  According to the article, the Brits have forgotten how to cook meals at home and in the economic downturn they're turning to Fast Food because that's the only way they know how to feed their families for less.  Now they want to appoint a "Minister of Food" to work out policies to teach people to cook and to open government sponsored food centers.  Scary.  I'm glad I know how to cook some things - I made* three pumpkin pies from actual pumpkins yesterday.  I'll taste them tonight.

* I did cheat and use a store bought pie crust.  I guess learning to make pie crusts is my next kitchen lesson.  I'll add that to my 43 things.



No comments: