Labels

Monday, December 15, 2008

Faith?

Faith, it's a funny thing or maybe I either don't have it or have enough of it.  I'm not sure.  The iPdare was talking about some stuff in a recent podcast that got me wondering.  So, I went and found references on the 'net.
The title of the article was, "The sign of the cross and Orthodox prayer are capable of killing microbes and change the optical properties of water."  The article claimed that saying a blessing and making the Sign of the Cross in the Orthodox manner over food and water purified it and killed pathogens.  The person making the Sign of the Cross did not have to be a believer in order for the miracle to work.
The website that I found the article on reminds me of the tabloids at the check-out in the grocery store.  Here is my conundrum.  If I say that this can't be true am I then putting a limit on God?  Certainly God could accomplish this - it's a very tiny miracle from his point of view I am sure.  I suspect that it's a sin not to believe that God could do this.  OK, I believe that God "could" do this.  I am, however, very skeptical that he does do this.  So read the article and tell me what you think.

No comments: