Labels

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Getting Older

I discovered another sure sign that I'm getting older.  I still remember the first time I realized that I was getting older.  I was chaperoning a church youth group dance and the DJ put on a "golden oldie".  I was expecting something from the 50s or maybe the 60s.  Instead, much to my surprise, what he played was one of my favorite songs:  Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin.  I knew then that I was moving in to the "old" category.

The sure sign that I learned today was that a trip to the doctor's office is no longer a trip to the doctor's office.  It's now a trip to the doctor's office and another trip to the doctor's office for a followup.  :-(  I went to the doctor today to get the results from my blood work last month.  The numbers are better (in general) but now I'm scheduling more blood work in another three months.

No comments: