Labels

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Curtis & Patricia Are Married

I witnessed Curtis and Patricia get married today. A beautiful Mass. I've never seen Curtis smile so much or speak so loudly when he said, "I Do!" I'm glad I was there!

I was late for the wedding though I did manage to just get into the church before the Bride's mother. I had to set up the sound system at Hunter's Restaurant and then get home and finish getting ready. I had a little more to do than I thought I did and got out of the house at something like 12:47 PM for a 1:00 PM wedding. (I just heard on TV that the Pope died at 12:37 PM local time.) It seems like all of the slow drivers and buses were out (I counted two busses) and I was hitting all of the lights red. I got stopped at one (second in line) and all of a sudden the railroad lights started blinking and the gates started coming down. I think I said a curse word. So I hooked the left and went around and over the via-duct, over to Second, and back on to Main Street on the other side of the train. Fortunatly, there was parking right in front of St. John's. I never even considered that the wedding might've been in the Chapel. I got to the north doors and there were signs up saying "Wedding in progress". I got in, grabbed my chapeau, cape, and gloves and got into a pew with my fellow Knights. As the bride's mother came in (and everyone is taking pictures of the back of the church) Bob is helping me get my cape on.

The wedding went well and the reception was great. Hunter's served a great meal. Thank you Curtis and Patricia for inviting me, The Lady Ann, and G.

No comments: