Labels

Monday, April 18, 2005

Mike the Headless Chicken

Was having a conversation with a collegue about a customer presentation next week.. These things are commonly referred to as "Dog and Pony Shows". Well I said I could bring the pony as I have a horse named Rosa. He said he bring the duck so that we'd have a "Duck and Pony Show". But then he declined as the foxes had gotten the two ducks that they were raisng this year. Then he mentioned a headless chicken from Fruita, Colorado that lived for 18 months. I didn't buy it but I went ahead and googled it anyway.

Turns out that the story is true, well sort of. The chicken's name is Mike and there is a website devoted to him and a festival that celebrates him. You can find the story of Mike the headless chicken that lived for 18 months here: http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/story.html. You can decide for yourself as to whether it's true or not.

No comments: