Labels

Monday, April 04, 2005

Mourning the loss of Pope John Paul II

In Mass on Sunday I discovered that I was mourning the loss of Pope John Paul II. I had thought that he was distant enough that the emotional impact would not be so great. I was wrong. At Mass Sunday morning they had a picture of him displayed with candles next to the picture and in the middle of the Mass it hit me. My eyes began to water and I was truly grieving. It was difficult to breathe at points and a few tears did actually leak out of my eyes. I miss him.

St. John’s is having a Rosary tonight at 7 PM and a Vigil Mass tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7 PM for Pope John Paul II. I will be at one or both of these.

I am encouraged though. I am starting to look forward with eager anticipation as to who the Lord has selected for the next Pope. I am curious as to what the Church needs now and how the change in personality of the Pope will affect things. These are exciting times as we move forward. I am waiting for the white smoke from the Vatican with bated breath.

1 comment:

xsive_guy said...

Well, it turns out I'm doing neither but I did attend a Mass for Pope John Paul the Great at Sacred Heart of Jesus last night.